[rt-users] Installing and Configuring Asset Tracker in RT

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 5 17:12:28 EDT 2012

Carlos Becker wrote:
> Next I tried debian testing and installing from source
>
> 	wget http://download.bestpractical.com/pub//rt/release/rt-4.0.6.tar.gz
> 	git clone https://github.com/chakatodd/rt-extension-assettracker
>
> basically installation went fine, but again I am getting display problems with the rt start page.
> What I see in the front page is the text:
>
> <LABEL ACCESSKEY="9"> <SELECT NAME ="Type" onchange="document.CreateAssetOfType.submit()" class="select-assettype"> </SELECT> </LABEL>
> and
>
> Here is a Screenshot: http://files.muellers.ms/rt4-assettracker.png
>
> I guess this is an CSS issue or rt-extension-assettracker is not (yet) compatible to rt4 ?

I had the same problem when by accident the RT machine was upgraded ;-(
I thought it had todo with some package being upgraded but it turned out
it was RT itself. If you look at the asset component responsible for
that text then you'll see the it uses scomp and in combination with a
security hole that has been plugged in RT it is causing that problem.
The l component in RT exists in a safe and unsafe version and nowadays
it tries to escape html entities correctly but causes problems when you
use scomp. Haven't figured out how to rewrite the assettracker component
if you do please let me (us) know.

Greetings,

Joop