[rt-users] searching for tickets that haven't had a response yet?

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jul 11 15:42:08 EDT 2012

On 11 Jul 2012, at 10:27, Roedel, Mark wrote:

> What's the proper TicketSQL to return the list of tickets that don't
> yet have a "Told" date set?

The answer to that may be version sensitive, since it appears to me that
there is breakage in at least versions 3.8.7, 3.8.11, and 4.0.5. You
will note that these are all not the most recent releases.

You SHOULD be able to use:

Told = '1970-01-01'

or:

Told = 'Not set'

However, neither of those criteria works. I believe they *should*
because they both work with 'Due' instead of 'Told' and those are the
same data type. They are both manipulated by RT::Date and can logically
be unset for a ticket. Unfortunately, there's also a clue to something
wrong in that if you sort a list by Due the 'Not set' tickets are before
any others, but if you sort a list by Told they sort as if Told is in
the future, yet searching for Told after the current date also fails to
find those tickets.