[rt-users] searching for tickets that haven't had a response yet?

Richard McMahon rgm at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 06:50:46 EDT 2012

I posted something on this last year and reported the issue
in the RT Issue tracker:

see:
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=18353

The problem is that unlike ALL other times, the default value
for Told is a NULL rather than the UNIX zero of 1970.

The TicketSQL Time functions 'ignore' the NULL so you TicketSQL will not
return the Not Set values when you try Told > 'time'.

IMHO this is a bug in a very good system and hampers the use of the Told
time to identify tickets with no response.

Maybe a fix is planned.

r.

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Bill Cole wrote:

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:42:08 -0400
> From: Bill Cole <rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com>
> To: "RT Users (RT-Users at lists.bestpractical.com)"
>     <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] searching for tickets that haven't had a response yet?
>
> On 11 Jul 2012, at 10:27, Roedel, Mark wrote:
>
>> What's the proper TicketSQL to return the list of tickets that don't yet
>> have a "Told" date set?
>
> The answer to that may be version sensitive, since it appears to me that
> there is breakage in at least versions 3.8.7, 3.8.11, and 4.0.5. You will
> note that these are all not the most recent releases.
>
> You SHOULD be able to use:
>
> Told = '1970-01-01'
>
> or:
>
> Told = 'Not set'
>
> However, neither of those criteria works. I believe they *should* because
> they both work with 'Due' instead of 'Told' and those are the same data type.
> They are both manipulated by RT::Date and can logically be unset for a
> ticket. Unfortunately, there's also a clue to something wrong in that if you
> sort a list by Due the 'Not set' tickets are before any others, but if you
> sort a list by Told they sort as if Told is in the future, yet searching for
> Told after the current date also fails to find those tickets.

  Dr. Richard G. McMahon    | Phone (office)     44-(0)-1223-337519
  University of Cambridge   |       (switchboard)       1223-337548
  Institute of Astronomy    |       (secretary)         1223-337516
  Madingley Rd              | FAX                       1223-337523
  Cambridge, CB3 OHA, UK.   | mobile                    7885-409019
  Office: Hoyle 18          | home                      1223-359770