[rt-users] Perl API: list of available queues, owners, status

Richard McMahon rgm at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 20:01:05 EDT 2012

OK, that gets me the queue list.

Is there an API way to get the full list of valid status values and also
the list of names of ticket owners. I have looked that the code
that Ruslan mentions but I am able see how to get at the owner
list and list of valid status values.

thanks

I know how to this sort of thing with RAW SQL but prefer to try to
use the API.

I have looked at QueueSummaryByStatus in RT4 but

thanks

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:00:00 -0400
> From: Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] Perl API: list of available queues, owners, status
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:43:16PM +0100, Richard McMahon wrote:
>> I am doing some ASCII perl reports and one of the options is to supply
>> the queue name. I want to be able to get a list of the queues that
>> are available as an input check.
>
> In that case, it's probably easier to ->Load the queue by name and see
> if it exists, rather than list 20 queues and name compare each.
>
> -kevin
>

>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:30:15 +0300
>>> From: Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com>
>>> To: Richard McMahon <rgm at ast.cam.ac.uk>
>>> Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
>>> Subject: Re: [rt-users] Perl API: list of available queues, owners, status

>>> You want count tickets groupped by queue, owner and status, right? You
>>> really don't want to iterate over anything. It will be very slow.
>>> Instead take a look at how QueueSummaryBy* files do it in RT 4.0 and
>>> how RT::Extension::SummaryByUser (on CPAN) does similar task. You just
>>> need to combine two tables into one big table.

  Dr. Richard G. McMahon    | Phone (office)     44-(0)-1223-337519
  University of Cambridge   |       (switchboard)       1223-337548
  Institute of Astronomy    |       (secretary)         1223-337516
  Madingley Rd              | FAX                       1223-337523
  Cambridge, CB3 OHA, UK.   | mobile                    7885-409019
  Office: Hoyle 18          | home                      1223-359770