[rt-users] RT config files different instances

Richard McMahon rgm at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 05:57:21 EDT 2012

OK, my current two RT instances are 3.8(production) and
4.05 (Development). The 3.8 system will move to 4.06 soon.

Use of REST is a possibility but would be mission creep at
the moment.

To avoid problems it would be useful to be able to get the RT version
numbers programmatically for:

(i)  local RT API libraries

(ii) remote host [this could use REST] if the local API does not
support it.

r.