[rt-users] Name: Hans being found when looking for johansen

Sandra Wittenbrock sandra at hpcrd.lbl.gov
Wed Jul 18 12:02:19 EDT 2012

Hi Izz,

Thanks for your suggestions.

There is a user hans in LDAP.  It doesn't use the same email address as
johansen.  There could be a substring match issue in RT when looking at
email addresses?   The hans account in LDAP is bare bones, with only a
username, (hans,) email address (hans at different-domain), and a phone
number.  The only overlap with johansen would be the substring hans in
the username and email addresses.

I was finally able to create the user in RT, by first creating it in
LDAP, and importing the user into RT from LDAP.  The import wasn't
bothered by any conflict.

Having gotten it working this way, I still wonder why it was having any
problems to begin with.  Hopefully, it was just a quantum one-off, and
not indicative of a weird substring match issue.

Thanks again!

Sandra