[rt-users] RT4.0.6. not receiving any emails or routing them via rt-mailgate

Hesan Yousif hesan.y at sussexstudent.com
Sun Jul 22 08:47:38 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting my RT config to work properly since I upgraded
to 4.0.6. (from 3.8.x).

I have successfully upgraded all of the core files and the database and the
webserver is working correctly -all are correct and present.

RT successfully sends emails out, but for some reason the rt-mailgate has
stopped working and any email being sent into the server (any of my
existing queues) produces this error:

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[(21) mail.x <http://mail.ussusupport.co.uk/>xx.xx.xx. [13x.xxx.xx.xx]:25:
Connection timed out]

My logs don't seem to track anything coming in, (syslog of RT, apache etc).
Trying to send a queue in from the command line  of the RT server produces
this result:

*cat /usr/bin/test | /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue
rt-su-activities --url http://xxx.xxx/rt*
*
*
*/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/WOZb2ZyjA1/8ulux8kHGM'*
*/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to
http://xxx.xxx/rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway*
*not ok - Could not load a valid user*
*/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: no message passed on STDIN*

All was well before the upgrade, but I'm stumped after spending a
considerable amount of time looking at rt-mailgate and NoAuth in apache.

Thanks for taking a look!

Hesan