[rt-users] Installing RT 3.8.12 on Centos 5.5

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 25 13:37:57 EDT 2012

On 07/25/2012 10:27 AM, Joseph Thames wrote:
> Asanka:
>
> I tried this RT4-type vhost config like you suggested

Asanka's suggestion was well intentioned, but you can't use an RT 4
config with an RT 3 install.  Don't bother trying to make it work.

> Thomas:
>
> Since I can get a login window and bring up RT-at-a-glance LOCALLY, I
> would prefer to stay with the Mason handler than jump to 4.0.6 and use
> the Plack handler. The LOCAL/REMOTE browser difference seems like a
> Mason wrapping-chain problem. Maybe I shoud try 3.8.13 before jumping.

I think you missed my suggested fix to your config in my original response:

    <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html> should be <Location />

But again, there are very few good reasons to use 3.8 when setting up a
new install.  Why do you want to use a version that's only getting
security fixes and is slower than the current version?

If you insist for whatever reason on sticking with 3.8, at least use the
latest version in the series.