[rt-users] Installing RT 3.8.12 on Centos 5.5

Joseph Thames beartham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:27:23 EDT 2012

Asanka:

I tried this RT4-type vhost config like you suggested

<VirtualHost rt.metacalculus.net:80>
   ServerName rt.metacalculus.net
   ServerAdmin admin at rt.metacalculus.net
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
   AddDefaultCharSet UTF-8

   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
   <Location />
       Order Allow,Deny
       Allow from all
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
       PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-server
   </Location>
   <Perl>
      use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
      Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-server");
   </Perl>
</VirtualHost>

But when I tried to restart httpd I got this load error:
Error while loading /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-server: Bad arg length for
Socket::unpack_sockaddr_in, length is 28, should be 16 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Socket.pm line 370.
(/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT.pm:384)
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Apparently an old bug (I've seen it reported on the web) that occurs
in this Plack::Handler::Apache2 preload but not when I use the
RT::Mason handler.

Thomas:

Since I can get a login window and bring up RT-at-a-glance LOCALLY, I
would prefer to stay with the Mason handler than jump to 4.0.6 and use
the Plack handler. The LOCAL/REMOTE browser difference seems like a
Mason wrapping-chain problem. Maybe I shoud try 3.8.13 before jumping.

Recommendations?

beartham at gmail.com