[rt-users] username same but realname and email is different for existing user compare to ldap attribute, caused create ticket failed

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:17:44 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On 07/25/2012 11:27 AM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> Should I change the matching restriction on the config file from
>>
>>                 # to just the Name and EmailAddress to save
>> encountering problems later.
>>                 'attr_match_list'    =>         [       'Name',
>>                                                         'EmailAddress',
>>                                                         'RealName',
>>                                                 ],
>
> Don't change attr_map, it's not used for auth just updating info.
> attr_match_list should almost never contain RealName.  Read the comment
> right above it, the last line of which you pasted above and recommends
> changing the example "to just Name and EmailAddress to save encountering
> problems later".

What was I thinking :-) . Thanks!

Also looking for a tip on how to do match
email address to ldap first and if fails check with existing email of that Name.

I have lots of "existing" user in RT with old email from years ago and
new email with new company name.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu