[rt-users] Reporting SPAM From Within RT

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Mon Jul 30 14:00:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:49:45AM -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One problem that I have fairly regularly is that SPAM makes its way
> into my RT tickets.
>
> I run SpamAssassin on my RT box, so I was thinking that it should be
> easy-ish to connect RT to SpamAssassin's Bayesian learner to help weed
> these messages out in the future.
>
> I came across RT::Extension::ReportSpam but it seems that it is written for 3.6.
>
> Does anyone have that module working in 4.x?  Does it integrate with
> SpamAssassin, or does it handle SPAM some otherway?
>
> If that module does not work with SpamAssassin, how hard would it be
> to connect RT to SpamAssassin?
>
> --
>
> Tim Gustafson
> tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
> 831-459-5354
> Baskin Engineering, Room 313A

Hi Tim,

We put DSPAM in front of our RT instances. Then if a spam message makes
it into the system, we make the ticket status Rejected and that triggers
a retrain within the DSPAM system. Maybe something like that would work
for you.

Regards,
Ken

PS What is your Spamassassin Bayesian accuracy? DSPAM always seemed much
more accurate in our situations.