[rt-users] Steal ticket using REST interface

James Marcinik marcinikj at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 17:37:41 EDT 2012

Well, I don't see this on the wiki and Google is not turning anything up, so I am hoping to get some answers here.

I have a basic REST client working to get tickets, add comments, etc.  In order to publicly reply to a ticket, I need to steal it first.  I saw in the 3.6.0 release notes from 2006 that this functionality should be available, but the wiki doesn't really say how.

Here is what doesn't work so far:

Issue a basic request to "/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal"
Issue request to "/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal" and set content variable with "id: [ticketnumber] Action: steal" (yes, each key/value on a seperate line)

Issue request to "/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/comment" and set content variable with "id: [ticketnumber] Action: steal"

Issue request to "/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/edit" and set content variable with "owner: [username]"

I know I am missing some obvious, any help?