[rt-users] RT 3.8.4. How to switch SenderName from RealName to QueueName

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 31 12:13:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:59:08AM -0700, Miroslav Horvath wrote:
> With RT 3.8.4 we want to setup the SenderName within emails that there will
> be only QueueName.
>
> Within config, $UseFriendlyFromLine is set to 1.
>
> When users send an email to RT, then they receive auto-reply email, where
> the FROM is: "QueueName via RT"
>
> But when someone replies from ticket, or resolves the ticket, there is his
> name,  Real Name via RT .
>
> We need to have in all cases  QueueName via RT , instead of  Real Name via
> RT.
>
> What needs to be setup that Real Names will not be mentioned in FROM emails,
> and only QueueName

The easiest solution (ie. no code changes to RT) is to change your
Correspondence template to have something like:

From: "{ $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name }  via RT" <{ $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->CorrespondAddress || RT->Config->Get('CorrespondAddress') }>

Completely untested, so please try on a dev system.  The idea is that
you're going to generate the From: line for RT rather than letting RT
autogenerate it.  You can read more about templates in templates.pod
under /opt/rt4/docs/

-kevin