[rt-users] Problems after upgrade from 3.8.8 to 4.0.6

Adam adamtrza at wp.pl
Thu Jun 14 08:58:17 EDT 2012

Andrew Marosi <amarosi <at> luminance.us.com> writes:

> Ensure you turned on logging in your siteconfig:
> Set($LogToFile,   'debug'); # debug is very noisy
>
> You can try critical, warning, or error if you don’t want to be overloaded
with noise

> Make sure your apache user can write to the log directory
> -Andy
>
> From: rt-users-bounces <at> lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces
<at> lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Max McGrathSent: Thursday, May 24,
2012 12:51 PMTo: rt-users <at> lists.bestpractical.comSubject: [rt-users]
Problems after upgrade from 3.8.8 to 4.0.6

> Hi All -
>
> Just upgraded from 3.8.8 to 4.0.6 this morning.  Was kind of a tough upgrade
so I ended up doing a lot of different things during the upgrade and I confused
myself.  The problem I have now is that I'm not entirely sure where RT is
getting it's config settings from.  Somethings seem to come from
/opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm others don't.  I have some custom things in
/opt/rt4/local/html/Elements/ and those don't seem to be working.

> When I go out to Tools --> Configuration --> Tools --> System Configuration I
am receiving the following error:

> An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in
RT's log files.

> /opt/rt4/var/log doesn't have anything in it -- and neither does
/opt/rt3_bak/var/log (this is where 3.8.8 resided).  As I said, I did many
things and directories may not be properly in place....

> Any advice??--Max McGrathNetwork AdministratorCarthage
College262-552-5512mmcgrath <at> carthage.edu

Change owner for /opt/rt4 to www-data (apache user)