[rt-users] Set Content via Scrip

TheHoboKing demon_eyes_kyoms at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:36:43 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Im running RT.4.0.5.

I've been trying to automatically set the Content(message body) of a comment
on a ticket.

I can get the value from the message input box via
"$self->TransactionObj->Content" but I'm unable to set it via a scrip.

I've attempted via "$self->TransactionObj->SetContent($MyValue)" and various
other means (ContentObj | TicketObj | Transaction->Message | ...) but none
works...

Here's a brief explanation on why I'm attempting to do this:

I've a couple of Transaction Custom fields, for which I store the input
value in a Ticket CustomField (I do this via a TransactionBatch Scrip), this
works fine on Ticket Creation and as long as the message box contains
whatever value during Comment | Reply | Resolve | Re-Open |... . But if the
message box is left empty, the valued entered in the Transaction CF is not
added to the Ticket CF (perhaps the Scrip is not even run because there's
Transaction to be recorded?).

How could I either force a TransactionBatch scrip to run even if the message
box is left empty or automatically set a value to Content (the message box).

After taking a look at the RT Logger, it looks like the Scrip is not being
executed if the message box is empty (no Transaction to be recorded perhaps?
even though I'm inputting new values in the Transaction CF(s)).

Nonetheless here's my Scrip that tries and set a value to Content

Custom condition:
return 1;
Custom action preparation code:
return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:
my $Trans = $self->TransactionObj;

my $content = $Trans->Content;
my $MyValue = 'ScriptedValue';

$Trans->SetContent($MyValue);

$RT::Logger->debug("$self->TransactionObj->Content: $content");

Thank you all!