[rt-users] Odd behavior, RT automatically reverts changes to Custom Fields

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 15 12:26:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

It's known issue with scrips that set custom fields based on other
fields. You workaround it either by not allowing people to change
custom fields you auto set with scrips or by running your scrip in
batch stage.

Some details. RT processes updates to custom fields one by one from
request args, your scrip kicks in in the middle and then RT thinks,
when it gets to a field that was changed by a scrip, that user picked
different value and changes it back.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.