[rt-users] RT 3.8.0 DB migrate to 4.0.5 - Errors Please help!

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 20 15:56:50 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 03:22:20PM +0300, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
> Did the same thing, i used this guide as a base
> http://www.math.ias.edu/~tarzadon/pages/posts/migrating-rt-3.6.4-to-rt-4.0-88.php
>
> but it didn't dump and restore the DB, it was big and slow, so i just copy
> the DB files
> from Debian 5 server to a new (Virtual) Debian 6 server and fixed the DB
> (you'll get ERROR 1577 for MySQL)
>
> ERROR 1577 (HY000) at line 1: Cannot proceed because system tables used by
> > Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start
>

> You'll need to run this command to fixit
>
> sudo mysql_upgrade -u root -h localhost -p --verbose --force
>

> then I created the ALTER SQL-Queries && Upgrade the DB schema
>
> perl /opt/rt/rt-4.0.5/etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt3-database
> > dbuser dbpassword  > /opt/rt/queries.sql
> > mysql -u root -p rt3-database < /opt/rt/queries.sql

This skips the really important 'make upgrade-database' command.
Without it, you will not have a correct RT4 database.

If the UPGRADING documentation that ships with RT is not sufficient,
we've also written up some of the common issues in a blog post a while
back:

http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/07/upgrading-to-rt-4.html

-kevin