[rt-users] Unable to see queue names as unprivileged users

April Rosenberg aprilr at yelp.com
Fri Jun 29 18:38:14 EDT 2012

Good Afternoon!

I have been trying to put the finishing touches on RT and while I was doing
user documentation I noticed that an unprivileged user cannot see the queue
their ticket is in if they do not have specific rights on the queue.  To
elaborate:  We have five security queues, one for generic requests that
everyone has the SeeQueue and CreateTicket rights on, and four others that
we use to escalate the tickets to the correct campus.  So if a user creates
a ticket in the SelfService they see this:

However I have now assigned that ticket to a person in a campus specific
queue, and the user no longer sees the queue name even though Requestor has
the SeeQueue right globally.

But in the ticket, I can see the queue name…

I haven’t been able to find anything on the web other than someone else
asking a similar question in 2008 on the list w/o a response.

Thanks for any help.

April