[rt-users] Custom database query from within RT

Renney, Paul paul.renney at logica.com
Fri Mar 2 08:54:08 EST 2012

Hello,

On the create ticket form I need to act upon a change to a drop down menu for a custom field (for this example 'Customer'), look up this value in a database table for a resulting default priority, and change the value in the priority drop down.

Ordinarily this wouldn't be hard in a basic HTML form, creating a db connection manually, but I can't find where to start doing this within RT. I'm not sure where I should be putting my db query code. Does RT allow me to put in a custom query somewhere and handle the db connection? Would a scrip be suitable to do what I need?

I've searched the mailing list and tutorials but can't find a similar problem. Specific files to change and alternative ideas on how do this would be appreciated as I am new to RT.

Regards,

Paul R

Think green - keep it on the screen.