[rt-users] Placing Custom Fields into the Subject

sharon.belliveau at frb.gov sharon.belliveau at frb.gov
Fri Mar 9 12:14:27 EST 2012

>Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:33:22 -0500
>From: Chad Osmond <Chad.Osmond at compfitness.com>
>Subject: [rt-users] Placing Custom Fields into the Subject

>Hi,

>We have messages coming in with a generic subject, and we're using
ExtractCF to pull out important information from the body into the Custom
>Fields, which works amazing.
>But I'd like to re-write the subject with some of the information
contained in the custom fields..

>Does anyone have an example on how to do this?
>I assume it's a Scrip, On Create, running after our ExtractCF scrip...
>Thanks,
>Chad Osmond

Just implemented such a scrip here last week. We set the subject to the
concatenation of two custom fields, Report Type and Report.
After the scrip executes, the subject appears as Report Type: Report

 Condition:	 On Create
 Action: User Defined
 Template: Global template: Blank
 Stage:	TransactionCreate
 Custom Condition:
  # set the subject to  Report Type : Report
   my $subject = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Report Type') .
': ' .
              $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Report') ;

    $self->TicketObj->SetSubject($subject) ;

We may end up using TransactionBatch, as we have several other scrips that
run On Create. The description has a 001 prefix to set the order for  the
scrips to be executed (I read that somewhere, ).

Sharon Belliveau
Federal Reserve Board