[rt-users] centos OS upgrade broke RT 3.8.2

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Mon Mar 19 17:19:12 EDT 2012

On 3/19/2012 3:36 PM, testwreq wreq wrote:
> Dear Jeff,
> Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. Encode was up to date.
> [root at www2 ~]#  perl -MCPAN -e "install Encode"
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>    Database was generated on Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:12:50 GMT
> Encode is up to date.

Did you originally install RT from source?  If so, the
easiest solution is to visit the original source tree
and run 'make fixdeps' and cross your fingers.

Alternatively, you can just install a newer Encode
(and then move on to Apache::Request).

     http://search.cpan.org/dist/Encode/

Pick a version, download it, unpackage it, and run

     perl Makefile.PL
     make
     make install

[ Or read the README included with the package ]

Unfortunately, this is how things go on Linux distributions
unless you explicitly exclude key software from being updated.
The update changed things that RT wants.  The only real
solution is to solve it by hand through Perl module upgrades
on your own (which may very well then be overwritten again
by your package manager in the future!).

That's about all I can offer.