[rt-users] GD and GraphViz - Need both? Can't build source.

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Thu Mar 22 13:27:02 EDT 2012

I followed the instructions on graphviz.org for adding the repository
for CENT and installed GraphViz that way. On Ubuntu, no matter what
.debs I try to install I just keep coming up with more dependencies.
>From  the work I have done I can say I've had a lot more trouble getting
RT installed from source on Ubuntu than CENT.  I'm also working on
documenting the process to do an install in either case, as the wiki
information is out of date/inaccurate and the book does nothing to help.
I've read the README for the install but it doesn't help when the
libraries it depends on don't work.  I'm trying to not have to compile
any more than I have to.  We're potentially looking at bringing 6 RT
systems online here. The only reason we're running one now is Ubuntu had
the .deb available and "it just worked".

One side note; while at the training in Boston I asked (half jokingly)
if RT would run on IIS. I was told flat out "no, it will not". Yet on
the RT website: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/InstallationGuides
- The best/easiest distribution for RT
There is no the best or the easiest. People run RT on Arch Linux,
Debian, FreeBSD, NetBSD, RH7/8/9, RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Solaris, SuSE,
Gentoo, OpenBSD, and even Windows.

Got a little bit of a laugh from that.

Stephen Cena
MIS/IT Dept - Quality Vision International
850 Hudson Ave
Rochester,NY. 14621
Ph: 585-544-0450 x300
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."