[rt-users] Buildind rt4 while logged in as an AD user

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 23 16:43:53 EDT 2012

I'm doing a first build of 4.0.5 on a Suse 11.3 machine which is configured
to authenticate Linux users against our AD domain controllers.

At the beginning of make testdeps, I see this:

users:
        rt group (GETMOTIVATEDdomain) ...MISSING
        bin owner (GETMOTIVATEDjay.ashworth) ...MISSING
        libs owner (GETMOTIVATEDjay.ashworth) ...MISSING
        libs group (GETMOTIVATEDdomain) ...MISSING
        web owner (GETMOTIVATEDjay.ashworth) ...MISSING
        web group (GETMOTIVATEDdomain) ...MISSING

Those aren't the users I told ./configure to use for those things, but I
also note that they're missing the expected backslash separator in the
username.   I'm not sure if those are related, and I'm also not sure if the
rt build has been tested in an environment where the usernames are Windows'y.

Can anyone speak to either point?

Cheers,
-- jra