[rt-users] RT 3.8.8 - ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs & RTAddressRegexp issue

Dan Baines dan.baines at zeninternet.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 11:27:00 EDT 2012

On 23/03/12 22:28, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 03/23/2012 07:59 AM, Dan Baines wrote:
>> Is there any extra config that needs to be added, to get this working
>> properly, as I only had the ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs flag enabled,
>> and then a few RTAddressRegexp entries to cover all of the RT queues?
>
> Nope.  I suspect your RTAddressRegexp isn't actually matching the queue
> address.  Please show us your config.
>
> Thomas

Config is as below (added as a new file within the RT_SiteConfig.d
folder - was only testing against one queue to start with), I've
redacted the domain to try to prevent harvesting:

### start ###
# CONFIG CHANGES FOR AUTO-ADDING CC ADDRESSES AS REQUESTORS
# First, enable RT to parse new messages for CC'd addresses
Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);

# Now, restrict it from using any addresses on the domain
Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^[a-z\.\-]+\@<domainname.com>$');
### end ###

Have also tried the following entries:

Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^[a-z.-]+\@<domainname.com>$');
or
Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^noc\-tasks@<domainname.com>$');
or:
Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^noc-tasks@<domainname.com>$');

All of the above failed to prevent the new ticket from having the queue
address added as a CC address, yet the parsing is working fine in that
it adds new addresses to the CC-list within RT.

Regards,
--
Dan Baines
Systems Administrator, Zen Internet