[rt-users] msmtp with RT 4.0.5 setup issues

Dave Burgess info at voipnebraska.com
Wed May 9 16:46:43 EDT 2012

I ran into a similar problem with my hosted e-mail provider, and there
are a couple of things that helped me:

1)  The smtp host name (the one returned by "telnet server 25") was the
only one that would work for my authentication step.
2)  Some providers use alternate ports for anything by "vanilla" e-mail
forwarding.

You might also want to check with your SMTP provider - they may not let
you do this at all.....

Dave

--
Dave Burgess
Manager

--
Dave Burgess - Manager VOIP Nebraska 402-403-4434 (Phone, FAX, and Cell)
/A subsidiary of Cynjut Consulting Svcs, LLC/