[rt-users] RT update from ubuntu distro

David T. Grayston davidtg at u.washington.edu
Thu May 10 18:15:03 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've attempted to update RT from v4.0.4 to v.4.0.5 - the catch is the 4.0.4 is from Ubuntu distro (apt-get install request-tracker4).

I think I've only got one issue at this point and that is the distro puts RT_SiteConfig.pm under "/etc/request-tracker4" not "${RTHOME}/etc/". I couldn't find a configuration setting for ./configure or one in config.layout that could be set for this location.

Perhaps minor issue since I can just move RT_SiteConfig.pm to the default folder but it may confuse me down the road.

Thanks, David
David T. Grayston     Systems & Database Administrator
University of Washington   School of Public Health