[rt-users] View custom fileds right

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri May 11 06:22:19 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Robert Wysocki
<robert.wysocki at contium.pl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We're now struggling with a dillema, how can we configure a queue so
> that unprivileged user cannot see some of the custom fields and can see
> other.
>
> In our experience giving the user a ViewQueue right also give's him the
> right to see all the customfields and the buisiness demand is that the
> user can see only few of them.

This is not true.

> Any way to do this?

Grant SeeCustomField right to Privileged group on global level. Don't
grant this right to unprivileged users on system level or queue level.
Instead grant the right for each custom field, find custom field in
the admin ui, goto "group rights" tab and grant the right to
unprivileged group.

Granting SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomFields rights for each custom
field separately is the only way to get precise control.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.