[rt-users] RT 4 Upgrade Slow Performance - CustomFields?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed May 30 12:09:11 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Nathan Baker <bakern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ruslan,
>
> I actually started the other thread, so my details are in the first post.
>  That thread was sort of hijacked (no big deal) and getting messy, so I
> wanted to separate them.  I'm using Postgresql, not MySQL, and had already
> turned on the SQL statement log and all queries seemed to be completing
> quickly.

I know that your thread was hijacked, but this one lacks history and
for me it's hard
to jump between threads to figure out background. Anyway, see comments below.

Do you log SQL statements on RT side or in Pg? In your case I would recommend
to enable both method for a while.

> I think I might have been too quick to assume it's the custom fields though,
> I've been testing it for a few hours now and I don't see that part being
> slow anymore.  To be honest the only part I see being consistently slow
> right now is:
>
> =Mason= localhost -         /Elements/SetupSessionCookie {{{
> =Mason= localhost -         /Elements/SetupSessionCookie }}} 1.9105
>
> That seems to take about 2 seconds on about 30% of page loads.  Is that
> normal?

Nope. It's either big session size or you don't clean sessions table from old
records with rt-clean-sessions.

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM sessions;

Above should say how many records you have in the table.

Also, sessions are locked and if you click a link or refresh while page
is still loading then time on SetupSessionCookie can contain time it
was waiting for lock to be released by previous request.

I'm not sure how you're testing. If your DB is actively used by many RT
users then it's hard to tell what's slow.

> I will try to turn off caching in Postgresql though to see if that verifies
> your theory about slow queries.

Ah. You migrated to Pg. Caching in Pg is different from mysql.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.