[rt-users] RT4.0.7 apache config question

Daksh Chauhan daksh at olemiss.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:08:29 EDT 2012

Thanks Tim,
Was looking at it, copied and pasted it, but yet missed it :)

But, that is strange. I had configured RT with the script: (/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server)
So, that created the entry in RT_SiteConfig.pm

Today, I went ahead and completely removed /opt/rt4 directory and downloaded rt4.0.8 package and did the install.
Similarly, used the script to configure and initialize the DB (/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server)
Now, RT_SiteConfig.pm is correct:
Set( $WebPort, '8081' );
Set( $DatabaseType, 'mysql' );
Set( $DatabasePort, '' );

After the DB was initialized, I am running this command (from docs/web_deployment.pod)
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server --server Starman --port 8081
This works fine, and I can access RT and use it.

However, if I try to use Apache mod_perl, I am getting same error:
Starting httpd2 (prefork) Syntax OK
[Wed Oct 31 18:12:14 2012] [critical]: Undefined subroutine &main:: called.
END failed--call queue aborted. (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:341)
Undefined subroutine &main:: called.
END failed--call queue aborted.
The command line was:
/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf         failed

Thanks!