[rt-users] How to change the subject tag of a queue while allowing the use of the old subject tag as well?

Mátyás Selmeci matyas at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 2 20:07:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to change the subject tag of a queue without causing issues
for users that are still using the old subject tag.

For example, if I change the subject tag of QUEUE from OLD to NEW, then
new messages would be sent out with a subject like: "[NEW #2468] Foo".
However, users responding to tickets made before the rename would reply
with a subject like "[OLD #1234] Foo". I would still like the
correspondence to go to ticket #1234. But what currently happens is that
RT does not recognize the subject and creates a new ticket instead.

I have searched the archives and Google, but haven't found a clear
answer. How can I do this? I am using RT 3.8.8.

Thanks,

--
-Mat