[rt-users] adding new system RT System's saved searches

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Wed Nov 14 11:42:50 EST 2012

On Wednesday 14 of November 2012, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:14:25AM +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > I can edit system searches by settings->saved searches->"unowned tickets"
> > (for example) -> "You can also edit the predefined search itself: Search
> > - Unowned Tickets"
> >
> > Now I want add new system search like "owned tickets" for example.
>
> Unfortunately, you can't do this from the UI.
> You can only do it with an initialdata file (see the etc/initialdata
> file we ship with RT and the docs/initialdata.pod available in git.
>
> The best you can do from the UI is to make a group saved search for a
> group everyone is in.  This is a limitation we hope to remove in a
> future major release of RT.

Hm, I did what I described earlier (editing "You can also edit the predefined
search itself: Search - Unowned Tickets"), modified search rules to match my
needs and then saved using "Save as New".

It got saved in "RT System's saved searches", so looks like adding new system
search is possible from UI right now.

Thanks,
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl