[rt-users] adding new system RT System's saved searches

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 14 09:54:07 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:14:25AM +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> I can edit system searches by settings->saved searches->"unowned tickets" (for
> example) -> "You can also edit the predefined search itself: Search - Unowned
> Tickets"
>
> Now I want add new system search like "owned tickets" for example.

Unfortunately, you can't do this from the UI.
You can only do it with an initialdata file (see the etc/initialdata
file we ship with RT and the docs/initialdata.pod available in git.

The best you can do from the UI is to make a group saved search for a
group everyone is in.  This is a limitation we hope to remove in a
future major release of RT.

> When editing existing system unowned ticket search the description for it is
> "[_1] newest unowned tickets".
>
> What is "[_1]" meaning and what to use as description there if I want new
> _system_ search?

Just copy the [_1], it's a placeholder for RT to pass in the number of
rows being passed to the results (it's used elsewhere through RT's
localization code to pass 'constant' strings).

-kevin