[rt-users] RT 4.04 // automatically re-open resolved tickets that are replied to and assign to nobody

vmos pcbadger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:57:32 EST 2012

Good afternoon, as I'm sure you know RT has a feature wherby if somebody
replies to a ticket that has already been resolved, it gets automatically
re-opened.
That's grand, but I want to add a function so that if such a ticket does get
re-opened, it also gets assigned to nobody, so that it goes back in to the
general queue.
I've tried modifying the existing auto-open function in global scripts by
changing the action to user defined, but I've been having some trouble

I've put this (and similar) in the custom action cleanup code

$self->TicketObj->SetOwner( $RT::Nobody->id );
$self->TargetObj->SetStatus('open');
  return 1;

but all it ever does is re-open the ticket. I can't even seem to break it,
never mind get it to do what I want.

Cany anyone point me in the right direction?