[rt-users] RT 4.08 Account creation

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 27 22:07:44 EST 2012

Presumably REMOTE_USER is set to johnj rather than johnj at msu.edu?

>        my $ticket = RT::Client::REST::Ticket->new(
>            rt  => $rt,
>            queue   => "General",
>            subject => "$your_subject",
>            requestor => [$your_netid],
>            cf => {
>                    'public' => $your_public,
>                },
>        )->store(text => "$your_comments");
>    my $newticket =  $ticket->id;

With this call, I don't see how RT could possibly know your Email
Address.  My assumption is that your RT 3.0 install had a local
modification to set empty Email Addresses to the Username +
@yourdomain.  This is a pretty common thing to do using the
CanonicalizeUserInfo method.  I'd suggest checking for a missed
customization.

-kevin