[rt-users] RT-Authen-ExternalAuth - how to confirm that ssl ldap bind is used?

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:46:35 EDT 2012

I have been using rt4 for some time now in plain protocols (site is on
http, fetchmail is plain pop3, external auth is done from ldap without
ssl). Now, I am increasing security by switching to encrypted
protocols.

Switching apache to https was easy thing to do, and I spent a few hours
with fetchmail and certificates but it also works now.

RT::Extension::LDAPimport "just worked" when switching ldaphost to
ldaps:

Set($LDAPHost,'ldaps://ldap.company.tld');

Also, after setting
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,1);
Set($ExternalSettings,{
        'My_LDAP'       =>  {
                    'tls'         =>  1,
                    'ssl_version' =>  3,
         }
}

... i can still authenticate.

I can not believe this can be so simple :) Is there a way to check that
ssl is really used?

Thank you in advance,

Marko Cupać