[rt-users] correcting users annoying behavior

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:57:54 EDT 2012

Hello,

 We have an RT server at our company that is growing in popularity. Other
depts are starting to use it and the RT is starting to process more and
more tickets. We live in a very big production house that gets very busy
and has 'crisis' moments at least a few times week. During such 'crises'
users tend to respond to RT tickets by putting the rt-reply address in the
CC: field of the email. The email thread could then go on for another 20 to
30 emails or so, each generating a new ticket because RT is in the CC:
field and not the TO: field.

 I'm not very optimistic of my chances of walking up to each and every user
and wagging my finger in their face to correct the proper RT behavior of
leaving RT in the 'TO' field and not the CC' field. So my question to you,
dear listers, is is there any way to handle this situation on the RT side?
A plugin or setting that gets RT to NOT create a new ticket if it receives
mail by way of the CC line of the email?

 Another annoying behavior we're trying to correct is employees forgetting
that they have tickets! Is there any way to get RT to email a reminder to
the owner of a ticket after X amount of time has passed on a ticket with no
activity?

Thanks
Tim

--