[rt-users] Mandatory fields at ticket's Basic screen

Jack Zabolotnyi jzabolotnyi at arces.net
Wed Sep 12 12:23:48 EDT 2012

Hi everyone.

Here is my workflow: we have "Service" custom field applied to ticket and
it is mandatory. Only members of Engeneers group can see and change this
field.
When general user (not member of Engeneers group) creates ticket, he can't
see "Service" field and it is set to "(no value)". This is very ok for me.
But, when member of Engeneers group updates this ticket (via Basic page),
RT accepts changes even if this mandaroty field is untouched (has  "(no
value)" )
(After changing value to other than "(no value)" i can't put it bak, and
this is predictable)

Am i doing something wrong or i miss something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Jack Zabolotnyi
Arces Network, LLC

e: jzabolotnyi at arces.net
w: http://www.arces.net

PGP key: 2048R/7F2AB658 2012-07-02
PGP fingerprint: 4C7E 00A8 5210 F3D9 0509  C70E 87C8 666E 7F2A B658