[rt-users] Using non-standard status only

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:53:23 EDT 2012

Maciej,

Although you could change those status values, why? If a ticket is invoiced
or whatever, it is still open. Why not create a Custom Field that shows
what its state "within" the open status, ie. invoiced, check pending and a
ton of others. This CF could also be used in queries, dashboards, etc. You
can write scrips using them. There really is no need to change those values
when a Custom Field could be used. I mean you can, but if you change the
configured values, you might run the risk of having to change other things
as well. The Custom Fields allow you to make changes within the vanilla
design.
Just a thought.

Kenn