[rt-users] Installing RT via Puppet

Mister Guru misteritguru at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:59:34 EDT 2012

Just to update those that may be interested.

I ran through a basic install of RT 3.8 on Ubuntu, making notes of
requirements and file edits to get it up and running, I made a note of
it online[1] to serve a sort of template/reference

There is a github repo for developing the module, with some basic code
in there[2], it would be nice if some people can take a look. There's
already been some contributions. (Technically). If you have a github
account, just take a peek, it can't hurt.

So far we have the basic packages required to install RT, now I'm going
to begin working on configuration of the install. I'm open to
suggestions and comments, good or bad :)

The aim is to get this working on RPM and DEB platforms. Any feedback
and input is welcome. In a few days, when some more progress has been made,
I'll spread the word on the devel lists

I appreciate that most people would prefer to keep their code to
themselves, or just wait for someone else to do it - I've been guilty of
that for years, but I think this will help everyone to learn.

Thanks

[1] http://solosysad.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/installing-request-tracker-in-ubuntu.html
[2] https://github.com/misteritguru/puppet-rt/