[rt-users] Close queue.

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:42:25 EDT 2012

On 26 Sep 2012, at 14:31, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Some service ask me something about RT and I don't known how to do that.
>
> The purpose is to have a Ticket system but the system need to be close half
> the time (in fact more then half).
>
> When it's open everything go normal.
>
> When it's close we need to send a message back to say «It's close» and no
> ticket creation.

First of all, I'd question why you'd want to do this.  The whole point of a ticket queue is the request can wait until the next day...  of course, I don't know what your business is, so there may be a perfectly sensible reason.

Do you want *all* email to do the same thing, including replies to tickets which already exist, or just email creating new tickets?

> I see two solutions :
>
> 	1/ Deactivate the queue and reconfigure the procmail.
>
> 	2/ Change the scrip «On correspond» when it's closing time. Change
> 	again when it's open

The problem with this approach is that the ticket already exists by the time any Scrips are considered, so it's happening too late.

> But both solutions need the intervention of the IT-Team. The second
> solution is little better because only need to use RT. But well it's hard
> for the secretary to understand the notion of the RT scrip.
>
> Is there any other solution can avoid this intervention ?

You could possibly make the Template for the email dependent on  the time.  The ticket will be created anyway, but you can send appropriate messages back if it's out of hours.

Regards,

Tim