[rt-users] different signature depending on queue

inbel1 at telenet.be inbel1 at telenet.be
Wed Sep 26 09:46:49 EDT 2012

>>    We have different queues over here in RT4.
>>    Every department used to have one or more queues.
>>    If a ticket did need some action/response from a colleague from another department, the ticket
>>    was transferred to that queue.
>>
>>    But now we have some 'hybrid' queues with tickets that must be handled by people from
>>    different departments together.
>>    And their signature should be mentioning something else than the signature that is put in if
>>    they respond to tickets in their 'native' queue.
>>
>>    So how can I make the signature queue dependent per user?

>Most people implement this in queue specific templates, depending on
>how much customization is needed per user (you can pair templates and
>user custom fields to achieve most things).

>There is no built-in per-queue signature functionality.

>-kevin

I have tested some stuff and I have created a new template.
I have included the signature (mix of variables and plain text) after { $Transaction->Content() }
It works, but the 'signature' gets (ofcourse) included at the bottom of the mail which is not good if you have a tickets with multiple comments in it.

Is that why I need custom fields to prevent this and to have the 'signature' in the correct place?