[rt-users] group rights do not work

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:57:55 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

Thanks and I genuinely appreciate your replies

>Hi TIm,

** **

>Is the mmtech user now set up as privileged?  None of the rights changes
you apply will take effect on non-privileged users.****

No the mmtest user is not setup as privileged. This is is intentional.
Because unless I'm mistaken (and I'll be the first one to admit I might be)
a privileged user will see all queues in addition to their own. The goal
here is to get a non privileged user to see only their queue and also I'd
like it if they could see their dashboard as well.  But let me ask a stupid
question if I may. Is this all that an unprivileged user is supposed to
see? I thought even an unprivileged user given the appropriate rights
should be able to see elements like '10 newest tickets I own', 'My
reminders' , 'quick ticket creation' and etc. But instead this is all the
mmtest user can see:

[image: Inline image 1]

**

>Silly question..

>Can you go to the mmtech *user* and click "Memberships"?

>What's the output of that?

If I go to the mmtest user and click memberships this is what I see:

[image: Inline image 3]

And these are the group rights for the mmtech group

[image: Inline image 4]

So in short I"m hoping to give the mmtest user access to the mmtech queue
and see a few more visual elements than what is displayed in the first
screenshot I display. Ideally I'd want them to have access to their
Dashboard as well.

Thanks once again for your input
Tim

--