[rt-users] Move web port

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 2 15:58:23 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 06:33:30PM +0000, John Buell wrote:
> I've been using a stock Ubuntu 12.04 system for hosting rt. I'm at a
> point where I think I'd like to get rid of apache/apache2 and whatever
> else might be running, and let rt run on port 80 (until now it's been
> on port 8080). Is there a way to allow rt to listen on both, or
> redirect traffic from 8080 to 80 after I shut down and disable apache?

How are you running RT?  Normally, RT runs in conjunction with apache.
You certainly can run it standalone for small installs using just a
plack server.  I suggest having a look at the deployment docs and
figuring out your current configuration.

http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/web_deployment.html

-kevin