[rt-users] Link assets to customers

Coen Boef coen.boef at nxs.nl
Wed Apr 3 04:35:20 EDT 2013

Hi list,

We have started a project to implement RT as our primary ticket management system (with which we hope to replace TOPdesk http://www.topdesk.com).
There is one issue which I cannot solve by myself and I hope the list can help.

We are an ISP, offering managed services to our customers. Customers can send requests via mail and we use our current ticketing system to link an incoming email to a customer based on the requestor's email address. So here's the first issue for us. I cannot find a way to solve this. My idea is to group these requestors together in a group with the customer name, which leads to the next issue which is that the managed services (or servers) should be linked to the customer as well. As I see it now, there's no way (by default or extension) to link these three (ticket, asset and customer) together.

Can somebody please help us out here? I hope I overlooked something on the RT wiki and somebody has already solved this in the past, or that somebody can give me some pointers as to where to start.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards,

Coen Boef