[rt-users] Possible bug in fulltext search with mysql and sphinx

Maciej Dobrzanski reg.bestpractical at posterus.com
Mon Apr 15 14:20:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

> Looking in the RT log I found this error:
> "ERROR 1430: There was a problem processing the query on the foreign
> data source.
> Data source error: INTERNAL ERROR: 1st column must be bigint to accept
64-bit DOCID"

The problem I think is not so much in RT as it is in Sphinx. When building
Sphinx binary, you can choose how long the document identifiers should be -
they can be either 32-bit or 64-bit if --enable-id64 was specified.
Depending on this setting Sphinx simply wants either 4 or 8 byte integers on
input to match the internal type. It simply lacks some flexibility to accept
shorter types. You can maintain compatibility with the original RT database
by re-building Sphinx without --enable-id64.

Maciek