[rt-users] Web server clarification

Jessica Reuter jessicawriter85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 16:46:40 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I have RT and its database installed and running properly, but now I need
to set up the web server. I'm quite confused on how to do that, even with
the readme -- it's really just given me more questions than answers. If
anyone could help me out with a few of these questions, I'd really
appreciate it.

1. What's the difference between the standalone server and the apache
server?
2. Which type of server should you use for development and testing versus
production?
3. Is the standalone server integrated into apache?
4. Can you have a standalone RT server and an apache server on the same
box? If so, how?
5. How do you handle big attachments with the web server? It looks like the
possible size got diminished from the last version.
6. Are there any step-by-step walkthroughs out there that are clearer than
the readme, that explain what is being done and why?

I'm very inexperienced with setting things up on servers, so this whole
thing has been kind of overwhelming.

Thanks!