[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.9.3

Gary Mason g.mason at fairfx.com
Thu Apr 18 12:17:07 EDT 2013

HI,

I am in the process of migrating my current RT to a brand new separate
server running Debian/Postgresql and RT 4.0.7 installed via backports.

I have managed to import the dump of the database into the new system,
and have set about upgrading the database.  I already have RT4.0.7
working fine with some test data I put into the initial system - just
need to get the historical ticket information in now.

I started out at version 3.6.7 using the following command :-

# rt-setup-database-4 --action upgrade --dba postgres
--prompt-for-dba-password

That was fine for a couple of the versions, but it fell over a couple of
times at various points, and I had to resort to forcing through those
upgrades manually, usually with a command like the following :-

# rt-setup-database-4 --action insert  --datadir
/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.8.3 --dba postgres

That worked fine up to version 3.9.3.  When I try to upgrade from that
version, I get the following errors :-

root at rta-01:/etc/request-tracker4# rt-setup-database-4 --action upgrade
--dba postgres --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  Pg instance on localhost as postgres
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type:    Pg
Host:    localhost
Name:    rtdb
User:    rtuser
DBA:    postgres
Enter RT version you're upgrading from: 3.9.2

Going to apply following upgrades:
* 3.9.3
* 3.9.5
* 3.9.6
* 3.9.7
* 3.9.8
* 4.0.0rc2
* 4.0.0rc4
* 4.0.0rc7
* 4.0.1
* 4.0.3
* 4.0.4
* 4.0.6

Enter RT version if you want to stop upgrade at some point,
   or leave it blank if you want apply above upgrades:

IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO BACK UP BEFORE THIS STEP

Proceed [y/N]:y
Processing 3.9.3
Now populating database schema.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  column "delegatedby" of relation
"acl" does not exist at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm
line 515.

I tried manually upgrading that version, but that failed too, with a
different message :-

# rt-setup-database-4 --action insert  --datadir
/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.3 --dba postgres
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  Pg instance on localhost as postgres
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type:    Pg
Host:    localhost
Name:    rtdb
User:    rtuser
DBA:    postgres
Now inserting data.
Couldn't finish 'insert' step.

ERROR: Couldn't load data from
'/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.3/content' for import:

ERROR:Can't locate /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.3/content
in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/lib
/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 762.

Anyone have any idea how I can get the upgrade through this particular
version ?

Thanks,
Gary