[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.9.3

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 18 12:35:38 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 05:17:07PM +0100, Gary Mason wrote:
> # rt-setup-database-4 --action upgrade --dba postgres
> --prompt-for-dba-password
>
> That was fine for a couple of the versions, but it fell over a
> couple of times at various points, and I had to resort to forcing
> through those upgrades manually, usually with a command like the
> following :-
>
> # rt-setup-database-4 --action insert  --datadir
> /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.8.3 --dba postgres

Unfortunately - that command only completes one of 3 possible steps in
that upgrade.  In your case, it skipped the creation of a new
PostgreSQL specific index.

I'd suggest posting the first error your received from a clean restore
of 3.6.7 and running the automated upgrade step.

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  column "delegatedby" of relation
> "acl" does not exist at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm
> line 515.

This usually means you have already run this step, since that column
has existed since long before 3.6.7.  The column was also used in the
3.9.2 upgrade step which you say completed successfully.

> Anyone have any idea how I can get the upgrade through this
> particular version ?

I'd start again, posting your initial errors and working from there.
I wouldn't trust an upgraded database with this error, or with this
many unknowns.

-kevin