[rt-users] Help - "Deep Recursion on subroutine..."

Jason Doller jdoller+rt-users at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:01:57 EDT 2013

Hi All

I'm getting this error:

Deep recursion on subroutine "RT::I18N::SetMIMEEntityToEncoding" at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/I18N.pm

in my logs, and I'm out of RAM.  I'm also getting a lot of bounces:

Could not record email: Message Bounced
(/opt/rt4/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:75)

I've looked for loops in the RT_SiteConfig file (OwnerEmail) but see
nothing.

I've reinstalled the machine 4 times siince the problem started, on all
combinations of:

* RT 3.8.9 (original)
* RT 4.0.11
* 512MB - 1GB RAM
* CentOS 5.x - Centos 6.x

And the problem persists.  RT was originally running for about a year
without a single problem or error on a CentOS 5 box with 512MB RAM.
 Problems started when I migrated to CentOS 6 (Same RT 3.8.9), and have
persisted ever since.

I'm not sure what else to check, where to look, or how to troubleshoot any
further.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jason