[rt-users] Help - "Deep Recursion on subroutine..."

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 26 15:12:34 EDT 2013

On 04/26/2013 10:01 AM, Jason Doller wrote:
> I'm getting this error:
>
> Deep recursion on subroutine "RT::I18N::SetMIMEEntityToEncoding" at
> /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/I18N.pm
>
> in my logs, and I'm out of RAM.  I'm also getting a lot of bounces:
>
> Could not record email: Message Bounced
> (/opt/rt4/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:75)
>
> I've looked for loops in the RT_SiteConfig file (OwnerEmail) but see
> nothing.

This implies a very deep mail loop that is getting larger and larger and
hitting recursion limits when processing each successively larger bounce.

RT should be logging at the [crit] level the message IDs.  Can you find
those and provide them?

Your RT_SiteConfig.pm would be good to provide too.

Folks can't help without these details.